Photographs. Anecdotes. And observations on Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dirt never smelled so good.

Ten days in the UK is never enough. Even with "English Weather," that whole, tiny little island remains one of the most beautiful places I've traveled to. This photo was taken on the only sunny day during our trip. Loughborough: rolling hills, crumbling stone abodes from who knows how many hundreds of years ago, and plot after plot of bright yellow rapeseed fields so bright it blinded you.
Behind this spot where we stood, I took a stroll through the maze of vegetation. The sun warmed me just enough, insects flew in and out of flowers too busy to be bothered, and at just the right spot I laid, face down, into the soil. There I took a deep breath. Dirt never smelled so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment