Photographs. Anecdotes. And observations on Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

Monday, December 27, 2010

About Thirty Years.

I've not written verse in over seven years
And I can't stay awake to read, none the less hold a pen to paper
And write; the meaning has slipped, memories fall short
And my drive cycles through the physical, a leper

Too routine the days--salt. The nights--pepper.
Like a clock face, clock work, the onset of a turning season
Three gone, triple to seper-
Ate, and eat life likes its your last...

Seven years, my innards like phosphorescent tubes, flash
Blast, flood into a thin sheet like cake
and I drink coffee, bitter sweet, biting, and pleading to make
What I so hoped for, and somehow forgotten to ask:
Again, I beg you, please return, for empathy's sake
my loved ones, and loving memories: the remembrance of things Past.

Tampa, Florida. May 22nd, 2007.
-M.C.


No comments:

Post a Comment