Photographs. Anecdotes. And observations on Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Turning.

Going too fast for myself I missed
more than I think I can remember

almost everything it seems sometimes
and yet there are chances that come back

that I did not notice when they stood
where I could have reached out and touched them

this morning the black shepherd dog
still young looking up and saying

Are you ready this time

-W.S. Merwin
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a hard time standing idle. Being productive, being in motion, moving forward are what keep me motivated. It's what makes me feel, it's what makes me feel alive.
But in doing so, there's so much I overlook, so much I tune out...I often let my horse blinders get the best of me.
To take a second to understand my shortcomings, it might take a loved one to belittle me, it might take losing something or someone. Today it took this poem: a subtle reminder. Thank you.

-M.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment